Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Closer To Fine"

Here we go. I'm following in the footsteps of my friend Alison and creating my own 30 Before 30 list!

These are 30 simple things I want to accomplish before I'm 30, which gives me officially a year and a half to complete... so hold me to it! A lot of things will relate to dance and my business, as almost everything in my life does!

1. Make a concrete business plan on paper and learn my business net worth. Making things up in my head doesn't work for accountants!

2. Meet one of my neighbours. After living in my new house for nearly 2 years I couldn't name you one person who lives on my street.

3. Teach a real tap class. I generally shy away from teaching tap, since I'm not that good at explaining any of it, "JUST DO WHAT I DID!".

4. Type up a real resume. I have never had a job resume, and I might actually need it one day!

5. Get new headshots done.

6. Plant flowers in my yard.

7. Plan to take a vacation and actually take it. I deserve a vacation, and I need to just do it.

8. Purge at least 1/3 of my wardrobe.

9. Host a family holiday dinner at my house.

10. Have a part-time dance writing job.

11. Learn how to update my own business' website.

12. Have some sort of payment plan initiated at my studio where I don't have to chase people for money!

13. Restructure the Recreational Program at my studio so that it is more goal orientated for both the teachers and students.

14. Ride on a roller coaster that goes upside down. (I'm a chicken - don't laugh!)

15. Organize more performance opportunities for my competitive students so that trophies are not the only thing they're performing for.

16. Have my choreography on television... in one way or another!

17. Re-paint my entire house. One room at a time!

18. Open up a dance store/costume store affiliated with my studio.

19. Host a dinner party at my house for my friends.

20. Start reading a book and finish it before starting another one. Or just finish a book in general!

21. Learn how to really use Photoshop, so that I can edit my own marketing/ad prints.

22. Watch all of the Oscar nominated films for that year. This year is a failure, so next year is the year!

23. Learn how to use a sewing machine.

24. Take my dad to an NHL hockey game.

25. Surprise my grandparents by just showing up at their house one day and taking them to lunch. Just to make their day!

26. Take a ballroom dance class.

27. Take a road trip with my sister.

28. Get laser eye surgery. This contacts and glasses deal does not work for me anymore!

29. Choreograph a group for another dance studio for competition... and have their teacher choreograph one for my studio.

30. Throw a huge 30th birthday bash to celebrate completing this list with all the people I care about!


So it's no bucket list but at least it's concrete goals!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I like them! Any time you want to teach any of my tap classes, go to it! Just don't make me look bad.

As for the rollercoaster, let's plan a road trip to Cedar Point this summer!! For real yo ..